Communications coordinators collect, create, and distribute all communication to include the latest information and news for the region. This position fosters an individual's innovation and collaboration skills through marketing content that promotes the value and success of the region.
Reporting to the regional director and being supported by the senior manager of marketing and communication staff liaison, there will be two individuals serving in this position, for an alternating two-year term. During year one, the communications coordinator will lead all communications efforts for the Regional Conference, attending Regional Conference Planning Team Calls, and assisting with the responsibilities below. During year two, the communications coordinator will lead all communications efforts for the overall region, providing oversight for the responsibilities below.
- Developing an annual timeline to collect information, publish, and distribute regular communications in collaboration with the Regional Leadership Team and other regional volunteers—including website updates, regional emails, and social media posts.
- Editing and distributing regional communications according to the annual timeline via email, website, and social media.
- Coordinating the timeline and publication of all conference communications, publications, promotional materials, and mobile guides within the annual timeline, in collaboration with the regional conference coordinator.
- Reaching out proactively to all Regional Leadership Team members to obtain relevant content pertaining to communication needs in the annual timeline, including educational programs, recognition, volunteer opportunities, regional news, etc.
- Accepting and authorizing all communications sent to members of the region through the Central Office communication systems.
- Taking and publishing monthly Regional Leadership Team minutes to the region's private group in My Workspace within one week after each conference call.
- Providing training and updates on ACUI branding guidelines to Regional Leadership Team members annually or as needed.
- Ensuring all ACUI branding and publication guidelines are following in regional marketing, promotions, imprinted items, and other communications by reviewing and approving proofs before ordering or distributing.
- Collaborating with the business manager to prepare a budget for regional communication efforts.
- Encouraging members to write articles about professional activities or information for The Bulletin or other ACUI publications.
- Managing short-term volunteers to support communication efforts—such as graphic designers, special contributions, multi-media specialists, social media, historian/archivist, website, newsletter, etc.
- Managing the day-to-day administration of all regional social media accounts, including Facebook and Twitter, maintaining account subscriptions as necessary.
- Providing insight and direction of emerging trends in social media for the Regional Leadership Team to consider.
All Regional Leadership Team members are also responsible for:
- Participating in the scheduled face-to-face Regional Leadership Team meetings during the year. One meeting should take place at the regional conference and the other at the time decided by the team.
- Participating in monthly Regional Leadership Team conference calls throughout the year.
- Acting as a resource person for the region and campus organizations.
- Inspiring student involvement in regional and ACUI events and opportunities.
- Developing proposal for an educational session at the regional conference.
- Supporting efforts in the region to raise funds for scholarships and corporate partnerships.
Please note that the regional directors have made adjustments to the Regional Leadership Team volunteer structure. Changes to position descriptions have been updated for new volunteers applying for positions in 2018, though the complete transition of the structure will not be completely in place until 2019 with current volunteers in already serving in positions.
At the time of application, individuals must have: employment at a higher education institution; institutional or individual membership; a signed institutional support form; and a commitment to fulfilling the duties of the position for the length of the term. Applicants must also demonstrate an understanding of ACUI’s vision, core values, and core competencies, as well as the knowledge and skills necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
Regional leading volunteer positions require a commitment of two years, except for student positions which have a one-year term. Over the course of the term, volunteers should anticipate at least 4 hours of conference call and project work per month, in addition to attending in-person Regional Leadership Team meetings.
Applications are currently being accepted for this position in the regions listed below. The application deadline is June 22. Region II Region IV Region VI Region VIII
A screening committee made up of the regional director, regional volunteer coordinator, staff liaison, and other related volunteers will review applications, interview qualified candidates, and make a selection recommendation.